URGENT MESSAGE RE. COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS): CHANGE TO APPOINTMENTS & ADVICE
CHANGE TO APPOINTMENTS
In view of the increased concern with COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) we will be changing our appointment booking systems with immediate effect. This is to ensure we reduce the risk of transmission and maintain a safe environment for all patients and staff associated with the practices.
We are now moving to a telephone first system for those requesting an appointment. Patients will be triaged by a Clinician BY TELEPHONE. If patients need to be seen in the surgery, an appointment will be arranged.
If you wish to make a routine appointment for a matter unrelated to Coronavirus
- PLEASE REFRAIN FROM GOING TO YOUR GP PRACTICE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT IN PERSON
- DO contact the GP Surgery via telephone. The Reception teams will be asking patients a set of questions prior to making appointments to ensure patients are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional or service.
- DO complete an eConsult if you need advice from a GP. (Response will be usually same day, but within 2 working days).
- FOR TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS there is now an option to book these online. Please contact the reception teams for information how to register for online booking if you do not already have this.
- FOR FACE-TO-FACE CONSULTATIONS, due to the need to answer questions prior to making an appointment, online booking has been suspended for the time being.
- FOR ONLINE ACCESS TO HEALTH RECORDS AND ONLINE PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS, there is no change from previously. Please contact the reception teams for information how to register for online access if you do not already have this.
Finally, please ensure your Practice has up to date contact details for you, including mobile telephone numbers where available, for clinical staff and reception teams to be able to contact you urgently if needed.
We understand that this may cause you some difficulties, and thank you for your understanding during this challenging time.